The 11 graduates have already made a stamp in the cultural community, but now they begin again with new found power. As graduates from a distance learning program they now have and a college degree to aid in their progress. These graduates move to the beat of their own drum, and their graduation ceremony isn't any different. A commencement address by Ashe College Unbound coordinator Adam ...
The first sign for a truck driver that something was wrong on a bridge on Interstate 5 that collapsed into Washington's Skagit River was the sound of a "boom," a federal investigator said ...
PUYALLUP — The pressure was there, but the Jefferson boys soccer team just played and played, unfazed by expectations. Many expected the Raiders to win the Class 4A state title. Still, they had to deliver. And deliver they did. Senior midfielder Matthew Cruz supplied a goal and an assist as Jefferson rode a wave of big-time talent to a 3-0 demolition of Union of Vancouver in the Class ...
New York's infamous "Hot Dog Hooker" allegedly tried to serve up the full works to one customer, but she didn't know the customer was an undercover detective and is now facing a prostitution case, police ...
They didn't receive the recognition they deserved back in World War II, but today hundreds gathered to honor the extraordinary story of the Tuskegee ...
It shouldnt come as much of a surprise that an R-rated comedy with the title Role Models features characters who are anything but. What is surprising, however, is what affably good fun the movie is despite its almost ridiculously by-the-numbers high-concept set-up that sounds like ... ...
In my first column aimed at helping the Pelicans take flight, I built a team the New Orleans Saints would be proud of - a fast-paced group focused on ...
The Louisiana Senate has killed a resolution that sought to keep the state from using a set of uniform national standards for public school testing, called Common Core ...
Johnson was transported to Thibodaux Hospital with minor injuries, but Vazquez was pronounced dead on the scene after being thrown forward into the windshield during the crash, police ...
After Monday, parish crews will pick up only debris placed on rights-of-way by residents. Construction companies and others will be responsible for removing their own ...
Flood levels on the San Antonio River reached a new record at Loop 410, when water rose to 34.2 feet at 10 a.m. Saturday, said the National Weather Service. The previous record was 32.57 feet on October 17, 1998, the agency ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
I walked around St Stephen's Green, Europe's largest garden square, to the Shelbourne Hotel, which is managed by Renaissance, a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
New Orleans SunNew Orleans Sun – Headlines making the News in New Orleans
The New Orleans Sun is essentially a local New Orleans newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for New Orleans, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of New Orleans, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the New Orleans Sun.
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Police have arrested Akein Scott, a 19-year-old suspect in the Mother's Day shooting in the US city of New Orleans that injured 19 people, including two 10-year-old kids.
The teenager suspect was taken into custody Wednesday night from the Little Woods section of eastern New Orleans, police department spokeswoman Remi Braden said
He was identified from CCTV footage of the attack, the police said.
The video showed him running from the scene as the crowd scattered in all directions soon after the shooting.
The spokeswoman gave no further details as the police was yet to find a possible motive behind the shooting
The suspect was arrested after days of massive search operation during which Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas also urged to surrender at a news conference Monday
"We would like to remind the community and Akein Scott that the time has come for him to turn himself in," Serpas said, warning the teen that "we know more about you than you think we know".
Police had offered a $10,000 reward in the case, and investigators received several tips after images from the surveillance camera were released.
Serpas said Scott has had a criminal history that includes charges for possessing narcotics and a firearm and resisting arrest. ...
- Suspected international arms dealer joins Bout in America
- London police round up more men over murder of soldier
- Court rules against tough sheriff
- Bus explosion kills Pakistani children
- Kiev court says no to gay rights march
- 13-year-olds subjected to grueling questions for Eton scholarship
- Adults can learn just like kids
- Children in Ranchi walk on fire to please Lord Shiva during Manda Festival
- 9-year-old girl tells McDonalds CEO to not trick kids into eating unhealthy food
- 15 Pakistani kids die in school van cylinder blast
- Its splitsville for Contostavlos Simpson
- West End marks 350 years of theatre
- News Corp. Board approved companys split into two public traded entities
- Mariah Careys dress splits
- Ive been offered work in exchange for sexual favours says Myleene Klass
- After voucher ruling online course plan pared
- Local chef crowned “King of Louisiana Seafood”
- Bayou Country Superfest hits Baton Rouge
- Cleaning up the community one piece of litter at a time
- Spending slips in East Baton Rouge
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Hainan urged to promote good faith in tourism industry
- Hainan Airlines to receive 1st Dreamliner in mid-June
- Haitang Bay promotes rapid growth in Sanyas hospitality industry
- Sanya Nanshan Tourism Zone receives over 9000 visitors on May 19
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- John Florez Government a big vending machine
- Minnesota politics shaped by grassroots involvement
- Minnesota Legislature and campaign implications
- Minnesotas priorities for the 2014 Legislature
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest New Orleans Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Graduates continue positive work in negative community
- Boom first sign of problem on I-5 bridge
- Jefferson dominant as ever beating Union 3-0 to claim state crown | 4A Boys Soccer
- Ponchatoula police Victim of Thursday night shooting dies
- Tuskegee Airmen Exhibit honors courageous African-American pilots