TOKYO - Japan's All Nippon Airways said Friday a modified Dreamliner had suffered a "minor" setback while conducting a test flight of an aircraft this month, but assured it was not due to overheating of lithium batteries. All Nippon Airways, the Japanese airline that is the largest operator of Boeing's beleaguered Dreamliner, said an electric distribution panel overheated and blackened during ...
Penguins acclimate to their new habitat at the "Antarctica: Empire of the Penguins" attraction, during an exclusive preview, Wednesday, May 15, 2013. The attraction is scheduled to open Friday, May ...
According to the Sanya tourism association, Sanya has been titled Hainan’s most popular wedding tourism destination by the tourism association and local wedding organization union of Hainan province. This year, the Hainan government set up a united organization system to regulate wedding market operations and speed up the construction of supporting facilities and services to help ...
Raha Moharrak has become the first Saudi Arabian woman to climb Mount Everest. The 25-year-old university graduate reached the world's highest peak on Saturday morning. An official at the Nepal Mountaineering Department confirmed Moharrak's feat, saying that she and more than 60 other climbers ...
SANTIAGO (Reuters) - LATAM Airlines Group SA LAN.SN said on Saturday it will resume flights to, from and within Argentina by 1530 GMT after state company Intercargo unilaterally decided on Friday to stop providing services to the ...
81.6°F Partly Cloudy
Daughters of Darkness (Les lèvres rouges) [Blu-Ray]
A purposefully difficult-to-classify hybrid of European art-film austerity and borderline campy erotic-horror excess, Harry Kmels Daughters of Darkness is one of the most effective of the revisionist vampire films that emerged all over the continent in the 1960s ... ...
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad -; Trinidad's finance minister has appointed a new interim board to oversee Caribbean Airlines after announcing that the state-owned company posted losses of more than $70 ...
As of July 8, the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers will start a revamp which includes all guest rooms, the Vivaldi restaurant and other facilities in the ...
I spoke with a manager, who told me he was sorry he couldn’t offer me a nonsmoking room. The only rooms the hotel had left to sell were smoking ...
ORANJESTAD, Aruba - An American Airlines flight that was headed to Miami from Brazil has made an emergency landing in Aruba because of a mechanical problem. Spokeswoman Dori Alvarez said Friday that maintenance crews checked the plane once it landed and fixed the problem. She said the plane would depart Friday night for Miami. Flight 234 was carrying 218 passengers and 14 crew members. Alvarez ...
Bandar Seri Begawan - The growth of air transport networks and continuing deregulation have allowed small low-populated places such as Brunei to become a hub for major international tourism ...
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Wrest Point Hotel & Casino, Hobart, Australia
This 4 star hotel, casino and entertainment complex is situated on the foreshores of Sandy Bay in Hobart, the capital ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
New Orleans SunNew Orleans Sun – Headlines making the News in New Orleans
The New Orleans Sun is essentially a local New Orleans newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for New Orleans, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of New Orleans, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the New Orleans Sun.
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Police have arrested Akein Scott, a 19-year-old suspect in the Mother's Day shooting in the US city of New Orleans that injured 19 people, including two 10-year-old kids.
The teenager suspect was taken into custody Wednesday night from the Little Woods section of eastern New Orleans, police department spokeswoman Remi Braden said
He was identified from CCTV footage of the attack, the police said.
The video showed him running from the scene as the crowd scattered in all directions soon after the shooting.
The spokeswoman gave no further details as the police was yet to find a possible motive behind the shooting
The suspect was arrested after days of massive search operation during which Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas also urged to surrender at a news conference Monday
"We would like to remind the community and Akein Scott that the time has come for him to turn himself in," Serpas said, warning the teen that "we know more about you than you think we know".
Police had offered a $10,000 reward in the case, and investigators received several tips after images from the surveillance camera were released.
Serpas said Scott has had a criminal history that includes charges for possessing narcotics and a firearm and resisting arrest. ...
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Gay marriage can now take place in France
- Heidi Klum spares weekends for kids
- Jimmy Saviles half-century of sex abuse to be made into musical
- Camp for visually impaired kids provides endless fun
- Schools to be Audited More Often
- Teaching children true grit
- Louisiana State Police Colonel Edmonson receives national award
- EBR Chamber of Commerce holds gun safety course
- LSU mens golf team advances to NCAA Championships
- 4 Louisiana men convicted of deer poaching in Iowa
- New Orleans says gunfire at Mothers Day parade wont end citys second line tradition
- Cyrus Bieber to collaborate
- George Michael out of hospital
- Wayne Rooney asks Ben Howard to sign guitar
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- MJ threatened my life if I snitched says ex maid
- Jindal IRS offenses worthy of jail time
- Buyout delays have Bayou Corne residents outraged
- Farm day helps special needs kids feel like a winner
- LSP Colonel Mike Edmonson earns law enforcement honor
- Louisiana State Police Colonel Edmonson receives national award
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- SeaWorlds Antarctica could further tilt Orlandos tourism market
- Sanya awarded Hainans most popular wedding tourism destination
- First Saudi woman reaches Mount Everest summit
- LATAM Airlines to resume Argentina flights later Saturday
- Editorial Preschool benefits trickle up
- Blocking Syrian Refugees Isn’t the Way
- Is This the Most Disgusting Atrocity Filmed in the Syrian Civil War
- Barack Obama must act like a true leader | Observer editorial
- Editorial Google could do itself some good
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest New Orleans Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Woman survives I-59 car crash
- Players hopeful luck strikes twice at West Mestairie store
- Powerball mania Jackpot hits $600 million
- Citizens worry over new FEMA Flood Maps
- Canadian Press NewsAlert Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes