It's possible that you find it hard to motivate yourself to exercise or to head to the gym, and you don't like the idea of a personal trainer. It's time for an app, in other words; and there are many out there to help us get in ...
Ireland said that it was not to blame for the low rate of tax paid by Apple Inc after a US Senate report said the company had kept billions of dollars in profits in Irish ...
Microsoft is all set to offer a glimpse at a new-generation Xbox as videogame consoles evolve into home entertainment centers and adapt to competition from smartphones and ...
Apple Inc will argue for a comprehensive corporate tax reform that will levy a "reasonable tax" on foreign earnings and is not dependent on a company's revenue when it goes before a Senate panel to explain its offshore tax practices. In prepared testimony released by the company and submitted ahead of Apple chief executive Tim Cook's hearing on Tuesday before the Senate ...
Marissa Mayer has made her boldest move to date as chief of Yahoo! with the billion-dollar purchase of Tumblr, a popular blogging platform she vowed not to ruin after protests from youthful users. The two companies, one ...
77.0°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the SE at 3.0 MPH Gusting to 10.0 MPH
Man on Wire
The subject of James Marshs engrossing documentary Man on Wire is so good that its a wonder no one has thought to make a film about it before. Its not that the story is in any way a secret (on the contrary, it made international headlines in August of 1974), but it is quite possible ... ...
who uploaded a history book on his website as a free educational resource for poor students, faces two years in jail, forced labour, or a fine for daring to offend the Latvian government's closest chums. The $4 book was posted by Pavels Jurs, a teacher in Latvia, created the site so that children from poor families can still have access to education. His efforts had been praised by the ...
Windows Mobile have created their first smartphone using Nokia's rejected operating system MeeGo. The team wanted to prove that Nokia was daft killing off MeeGo in favour of Windows and want to prove a point. According ...
Apple ’s Retina panels look rather outdated. The company has developed a new 4.99-inch AMOLED 1080p panel for smartphones. The resolution is not spectacular, but since going for higher resolutions on such small panels is pointless, Samsung focused its efforts on display quality. It claims the new screen has the world’s broadest colour gamut. Coupled with AMOLED’s exceptional ...
Dell has become one of the first high profile companies to dump its public cloud plans. The company said that it will not invest in its OpenStack ...
to the US government how it managed to kept billions of dollars in profits in Irish subsidiaries to pay little or no taxes to any government. Apple CEO Tim Cook's is going to show up before Congress, to explain how the company avoided paying so much tax. The Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations identified three subsidiaries that have no "tax residency" in ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Baynunah Tower
The drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport was about 40 kilometres. We arrived into the city, and out along the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
New Orleans SunNew Orleans Sun – Headlines making the News in New Orleans
The New Orleans Sun is essentially a local New Orleans newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for New Orleans, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of New Orleans, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the New Orleans Sun.
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Police have arrested Akein Scott, a 19-year-old suspect in the Mother's Day shooting in the US city of New Orleans that injured 19 people, including two 10-year-old kids.
The teenager suspect was taken into custody Wednesday night from the Little Woods section of eastern New Orleans, police department spokeswoman Remi Braden said
He was identified from CCTV footage of the attack, the police said.
The video showed him running from the scene as the crowd scattered in all directions soon after the shooting.
The spokeswoman gave no further details as the police was yet to find a possible motive behind the shooting
The suspect was arrested after days of massive search operation during which Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas also urged to surrender at a news conference Monday
"We would like to remind the community and Akein Scott that the time has come for him to turn himself in," Serpas said, warning the teen that "we know more about you than you think we know".
Police had offered a $10,000 reward in the case, and investigators received several tips after images from the surveillance camera were released.
Serpas said Scott has had a criminal history that includes charges for possessing narcotics and a firearm and resisting arrest. ...
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Indian lorry driver jailed in Singapore
- Childhood ADHD could lead to obesity in adulthood
- Prenatal exposure to traffic linked to respiratory infection in kids
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- Oklahoma City faces second deadly tornado in 13 years
- Spears under fire for giving toy gun to son
- Founding member of The Doors Ray Manzarek dies at 74
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Kesha gives underwear a miss at awards night
- Peter Andre hunting for two pads
- Heather Graham fan of Gwen Stefanis adventurous style
- Deputies investigating case of dumped dead dog
- Equipment failure causes thousands to lose power
- Power restored to almost everyone after evening outage
- Seat belt campaign begins Tuesday
- Senators back plan to push Juban Crossing
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- A last dance with Kenneth Waltz
- Philippine pivot in the South China Sea
- Japan tips its hand via North Korea
- Syria highlights US political impotence
- Alibaba stocks up onmobile deals before share sale
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest New Orleans Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Okla. Medical examiner expects more bodies
- Jefferson City doctor who received emergency suspension allowed back in medicine
- Delgado baseball team avoids Oklahoma tornado
- Merging Could Secure The Future of Health Care in Jefferson Parish
- Did New Orleans exploit the Dalai Lama