It seems actress Lindsay Lohan is struggling in rehab after the doctors cut her off from Addreall. The 26-year-old actress is completing her 90-day stint at the Betty Ford Clinic in California. And her friends are worried that she is lacking energy, reports femalefirst.co.uk. A source said: "Lindsay just doesn't want to be there. She was forced to go to Betty Ford by the judge instead of going ...
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad and Minister of Health Switzerland Alain Berset held a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of World Health Assembly at Geneva with the aim of giving further impetus to cooperation in the field of healthcare. Speaking on the occasion, Azad said that friendship between India and Switzerland goes as back as Independence of India, ...
Nick Stremble and Shannon Largent were on duty inside the Moore Medical Center as the tornado hit the building. MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell shares their story and also speaks to the Mayor of Moore, ...
When the tornado hit Moore, flattening their medical center, the chief of trauma surgery at the University of Oklahoma Medical Center mobilized her team. Lessons learned from past tragedies helped forge the new Level One Trauma center. NBC's Dr. Nancy Snyderman ...
Tue May 21, 2013 9:23pm EDT (Adds quotes, details of strike, contract dispute) By Ronnie Cohen SAN FRANCISCO May 21 (Reuters) - Thousands of healthcare workers walked off the job at the University of California's five medical centers on Tuesday, delaying emergency care, surgeries, diagnostic procedures and other medical treatment throughout the state. The union representing nearly 13,000 ...
Return of the Fly [DVD]
Although no one really expected it, The Fly (1958), a thriller in which a scientist accidentally mixes his atoms with those of a housefly, became a significant box office success during its theatrical release despite the already overwhelming number of horror and sci-fi flicks ... ...
Doctor Urmen Desai, left, talks to reporters as Dr. Wrood M. Kassira, center, and Dr. Renaud Saint-Vil, right, look on during a news conference in Miami, Tuesday, May 21, 2013. The doctors gave an an update on the progress of Ronald Poppo, a homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack last year in Miami. The attack left Poppo blind, but the doctors say he's been ...
The Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria, an affiliate of the World Organisation of Family Doctors, is set to mark the 2013 World Doctor Day with a public ...
Six Bronx physicians were among 28 physicians honored today by the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) with Doctors' Day awards for their leadership and commitment to advancing the mission of the public hospital system and providing the highest quality healthcare to New ...
A Tunisian man died after a pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and two adults children tested positive for SARS-like virus, health officials say. World Health Organization officials said Tuesday the 66-year-old Tunisian man was the second pilgrim to the Muslim holy city to be sickened with the SARS-like virus novel coronavirus, The Wall Street Journal reported. The Tunisian man returned from a ...
New Brunswick is discouraging family physicians from practising in the province despite a growing need for care, a number of doctors in the Maritimes say.Medical residents from throughout the region have written an open letter expressing their concerns to Premier David Alward and Health Minister Hugh ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
New Orleans SunNew Orleans Sun – Headlines making the News in New Orleans
The New Orleans Sun is essentially a local New Orleans newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for New Orleans, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of New Orleans, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the New Orleans Sun.
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Police have arrested Akein Scott, a 19-year-old suspect in the Mother's Day shooting in the US city of New Orleans that injured 19 people, including two 10-year-old kids.
The teenager suspect was taken into custody Wednesday night from the Little Woods section of eastern New Orleans, police department spokeswoman Remi Braden said
He was identified from CCTV footage of the attack, the police said.
The video showed him running from the scene as the crowd scattered in all directions soon after the shooting.
The spokeswoman gave no further details as the police was yet to find a possible motive behind the shooting
The suspect was arrested after days of massive search operation during which Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas also urged to surrender at a news conference Monday
"We would like to remind the community and Akein Scott that the time has come for him to turn himself in," Serpas said, warning the teen that "we know more about you than you think we know".
Police had offered a $10,000 reward in the case, and investigators received several tips after images from the surveillance camera were released.
Serpas said Scott has had a criminal history that includes charges for possessing narcotics and a firearm and resisting arrest. ...
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Justin Bieber teams up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign
- Childhood ADHD could lead to obesity in adulthood
- Prenatal exposure to traffic linked to respiratory infection in kids
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- Oklahoma City faces second deadly tornado in 13 years
- Contostavlos Simpsons relation on rocks
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Justin Bieber booed at award function
- Kesha drops underwear at awards ceremony
- Ke$ha nearly flashes butt at Billboard awards
- Coping with emotional toll of watching tornado coverage
- Organizations plan donation drivers for Okla. twister victims
- Complex pastor bailed now looking for help from other agencies
- Couple charged in fight with officer over swimming pool use
- Unlicensed driver doesnt face charges in deadly crash
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- South Australian Tourism Commission using short films to show new side to city
- Backing Becks Dont Knock The Soccer Stars Talents
- Protect rights of women girls with disabilities
- Minnesota adoptees lack equal access to personal history
- Angelina Jolie and knowing our genetic risks
- Minnesota Legislatures 2013 legacy Why
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest New Orleans Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Man burglarized several car dealerships Kenner police say
- WDSU Second Harvest raise $35k in one night to help Okla. recover
- Pelicans get No. 6 pick in NBA draft lottery
- Tornado among strongest storms to hit US
- Kenner school recalls recent tornado