As per the recent stats, between 2022 and 2025, the average annual return on the real estate investment in the UK will be between 4.1% to 7.3% range.
While real estate investment always seems to be an attractive solution to secure a future, going through the buying journey and managing the property may not be that easy. From analysing property to finding the right tradesperson for maintenance, the whole process can be extremely overwhelming.
Real estate software is emerging as a popular tool to speed up the entire procedure and provide you with the right guidance you always wanted.
But what tools should you choose when there are so many?
In this article, you will explore the five best real estate investment software, both paid and free that you must consider as a UK property investor.
Here are the top 5 real estate investment tools for investors:
1- Property Deals Insight
Property Deals Insight is not just for investors, but also for professionals like estate agents and real estate service providers who want to accurately analyse any property they are interested in the UK.
Property Deals Insight possesses comprehensive, in-depth data on 27 million+ UK homes, using reliable sources like HM Land Registry, Ministry of Housing Communities & Local Government, Zoopla, etc.
This is one of the best real estate software which analyses your property investments meticulously in minutes, while saving your quality time in making the right decision.
They have over 1900 satisfied users and have a record of successfully completing more than 350K property deals.
- Offers narrow property search criteria and finds deals using hotspots.
- Compares the UK average sales and rent prices by property type or the number of bedrooms.
- Uses expert sourcing strategies like Biggest Bargains, Buy Refurb Refinance, Rent 2 Rent, Auction Listings, Cash Deals and much more to find the best property.
- Analyses cash flow, yields and projected ROI before the deal commitment.
- Calculates the property's current worth and explores in-depth Property Insights.
- Determines the selling price of other properties with their bespoke price/sqm data and compares other sales/rental listings.
Property Deal Insights has three plans priced as Pound 10, Pound 29 and Pound 49. You can choose a plan that's right for you.
2- Landlord Vision
Landlord Vision is probably the best tool around for residential landlords. It is a tool designed to keep landlords organised by simplifying their management and accounting tasks.
It does more in less time with super ease, allowing landlords to reduce admin time by 31% on average. Its cloud-based mobile app enables you to get your work done from any location.
They claim to manage 38976 active tenancies so far and offer unlimited support without any hidden charges.
- Easily manages your portfolio with the number of properties ranging anywhere between 2 to 200.
- Effortlessly tracks money, tenants and paperwork.
- Keeps an updated record of entire legal docs and tax reports as per government regulations.
- Collects rent automatically via Direct Debit.
- Automates key tasks, like collecting rent (and getting notified if a payment is missed)
- Syncs with your bank for easy reconciliation.
- Receives latest tax reports using HMRC guidelines.
- Helps to get your legal templates regularly checked by tenancy lawyers.
- Leverages the Integrated Calendar so that you never miss important events.
- Allows your tenants to view documents and send messages.
- Makes you aware of new mortgage lending rules with powerful reports.
Landlord Vision provides three plans priced as Pound 2.40, Pound 4 and Pound 6.
Mortgage Calculator is a free tool that was first launched in 2007. The site is owned and operated by Maple Tech. International LLC. It is primarily designed for United Kingdom residents using the British Pound currency.
Over 90% of the calculators are based on popular formulas or equations, such as the mortgage calculator, BMI calculator, etc. Mortgage calculator has its own experienced financial advisors, working for major personal financial advising firms. They review the results of the financial calculators and have created and reviewed the descriptive content of the financial calculators.
- Provides comprehensive information on the mortgage in detailed content form.
- Calculates interests and monthly repayment.
- Provides a detailed annual amortisation schedule that includes the number of instalments, date, beginning balance, interest, principle, and ending balance.
- The result also displays a mortgage amortisation graph of payment, balance and interest.
- The user can see a clear picture of monthly payments in image form.
It is a free real estate investment tool.
4- Room Planner IKEA
IKEA is an online store, offering more than 7500 products and solutions that includes furniture, home decor, furnishings, kitchenware, dining products, etc. It was founded in 1943 in Sweden and now it is a globally renowned name in the real estate industry. Its affordable, well-designed products and solutions are known to satisfy all kinds of home interior tastes and budgets.
Besides home interior products, they specialise in services like interior designing, installation, assembling, measuring, kitchen planning, etc.
IKEA has a special team offering expert advice and inspiration to help their clients plan their home interior. Users can book an appointment for a 90-minute virtual call with an experienced team of IKEA. They will provide the necessary guidance in selecting the right product and accessories.
- Schedule an online meeting with a specialist at your convenient time to get home decoration ideas.
- Get over 7500 products to choose from.
- Get planning tools for kitchen, bathroom, wardrobe, living room storage, wall storage, sofa storage, office, and more.
- View the chosen designs in 3D for better decision-making.
- Get buying ideas based on your room dimensions.
Free membership offering rewards, discounts, and other special offers.
Rated People is an all-in-one solution to find a quality local tradesperson of your choice in your budget in the UK. With 15 years of experience in this business, Rated People now offers more than 210 trades and services and has displayed 1milion job leads posts so far.
Homeowners simply have to post jobs for the type of tradesperson they are looking for and mention the location. The relevant tradespersons can directly contact the homeowners, but not more than three of them. They provide quotes and once the deal is closed, they complete their job and receive the final payment.
- Offers painters, decorators, electricians, plumber, heating engineer, plasterer, and more.
- Provides tips and a checklist to choose a tradesperson.
- Offers a cost guide, special advice for homeowners, and inspirations for home extensions, renovation, and makeover ideas.
- The mobile app is available to talk to tradespeople with in-app calling and messages.
- Lets you find tradespersons who are thoroughly checked for qualifications, technical skills, financial status, trading history, past customer satisfaction and complaints, and business practice.
- Offers an insurance-backed warranty for TrustMark tradespersons, which covers work valued between Pound 500 and Pound 50,000, which can be claimed even if the tradesperson stops trading.
- Provides access to their Dispute Resolution Process for TrustMark tradespersons to get a clear and user-friendly disputes resolution process if things go wrong.
Post jobs for free.
As a property investor, you have to be extremely updated and advanced enough to run your business seamlessly. The real estate tools mentioned above are non-negotiable to save time and money, as well accomplish your tasks with more precision.
While there are plenty of options available around, the real estate software mentioned in this article are the best. Each of them is designed for different purposes and should be the best fit for any real estate investor in the UK.